A Mom's Response

I was talking to my Mom today via Skype and, like Moms always do, she said the exact thing that I needed to hear. I don't want to say that it's an answer to the questions I asked in my last post, "what do I have to do to change the world?", but thinking about it has helped me to feel a lot less frustration and a lot more hope. A lot of what I'm going to say are her thoughts phrased in my words. So, thanks in advance Mom!

Mom and Brittany last Christmas
We were talking about how we don't know where we're going to end up in 10 years and how I have no idea how I'm going to accomplish the things I've felt so strongly that I need to do in this life. And then she shared with me her thoughts on Christ feeding the 5000 in the Bible.

This is one of the only miracles that is mentioned in all four gospels of the New Testament. There was a large multitude gathered in the desert to hear Christ speak. Nobody had food to eat and Christ asked His disciples how all of the people will be fed. The disciples said they didn't have enough money to buy everyone food. Then, as many already know, Christ turned 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish into enough food to fill all 5000 people.

What I want to focus on though, is only found in John's account. He is the only one that mentions who brought the bread.

"There is a lad here, who hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes..."

John 6:9


Here's a boy who came to listen to Jesus Christ. He came prepared to listen to the Savior. All he wanted to do was listen to Him and learn. Once my Mom started talking about the lad, I felt my insides begin to warm. Christ took what this lad had to offer, and made it so much more. He blessed the bread and fish and fed it to all 5000 people, so that they were full. 

via

What I found amazing in this is that that lad, that boy who just wanted to listen to Christ, was used as a tool for Christ to work his miracle. Every single one of us can be that lad and bring to Christ our sincere desire to do what's right, and He will make it so much more. I know, some people don't believe that this happened and others don't believe that things like this can still happen today. But I do. I know that Christ can work miracles, and I know that I can be that lad. 



I don't know how, but I know that as I do everything I can, Christ will make it even more. I know that I can be that lad. 





Comments

Popular Posts